Follow us on social media
THIS PRODUCT IS AVAILABLE FROM YOUR LOCAL VETERINARIAN
Find a Vet
OR SHOP ONLINE
FOR EXTERNAL ANIMAL USE ONLY
Ask your veterinarian for more information
Each 0,67 ml Small Dog pipette contains 67 mg Fipronil and 20,1 mg Pyriproxyfen.
Each 1,34 ml Medium Dog pipette contains 134 mg Fipronil and 40,2 mg Pyriproxyfen.
Each 2,68 ml Large Dog pipette contains 268 mg Fipronil and 80,4 mg Pyriproxyfen.
Each 4,02 ml Extra Large Dog pipette contains 402 mg Fipronil and 120,6 mg Pyriproxyfen.
Small Dogs (2 - 10 kg), Medium Dogs (10 - 20 kg), Large Dogs (20-40 kg) and Extra Large Dogs (40 - 60 kg)
- For the treatment and prevention of infestations by fleas alone or in association with ticks in small dogs weighing 2 - 10 kg.
- For the treatment and prevention of infestations by fleas alone or in association with ticks in Medium dogs weighing 10 - 20 kg.
- For the treatment and prevention of infestations by fleas alone or in association with ticks in Large dogs weighing 20-40 kg.
- For the treatment and prevention of infestations by fleas alone or in association with ticks in Extra Large dogs weighing 40 - 60 kg. Use as an aid in the treatment of Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD) in dogs, where this has been previously diagnosed by a veterinarian.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE - Use only as directed.
- For dogs weighing 2 - 10 kg apply one pipette of 0,67 ml per dog, which corresponds to the minimum recommended dose of 6, 7 mg fipronil/kg body weight and 2 mg pyriproxyfen/kg body weight.
- For dogs weighing 10 - 20 kg apply one pipette of 1,34 ml per dog, which corresponds to the minimum recommended dose of 6, 7 mg fipronil/kg body weight and 2 mg pyriproxyfen/kg body weight.
- For dogs weighing 20 - 40 kg apply one pipette of 2,68 ml per dog, which corresponds to the minimum recommended dose of 6, 7 mg fipronil/kg body weight and 2 mg pyriproxyfen/kg body weight.
- For dogs weighing 40 - 60 kg apply one pipette of 4,02 ml per dog, which corresponds to the minimum recommended dose of 6, 7 mg fipronil/kg body weight and 2 mg pyriproxyfen/kg body weight.
Effipro Duo Spot-on Solution
2 - 10 kg
One (1) pipette of 0,67 mg per dog
10 - 20 kg
One (1) pipette of 1,34 mg per dog
20 - 40 kg
One (1) pipette of 2,68 mg per dog
40 - 60 kg
One (1) pipette of 4,02 mg per dog
For dogs over 60 kg the appropriate combination of pipettes in the Effipro Duo Spot-on Solution for Dogs range should be used.
Method of administration:
Remove the pipette from the overblister. Hold the pipette upright. Tap the narrow part of the pipette to ensure that the contents are within the main body of the pipette. Break the snap-off top of the spot-on pipette along the scored line.
Part the pet’s coat on base of the neck before the shoulder blades until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the pipette directly against the skin and squeeze gently several times to empty the contents. If necessary, the contents of the pipette can be administered at one or two additional point (s) along the pet’s back to avoid run-off or more superficial application to the hair coat.
Drop stop system (the product is released only by pressing the body of the pipette).
One pipette provides a single treatment, with the possibility to repeat administrations on a monthly basis. For optimal control of flea and tick infestations and flea multiplication, the treatment schedule can be based on the local epidemiological situation.
Fleas: A single dose is effective against new flea infestations for approximately 3 months. Prevention of the multiplication of fleas by preventing flea eggs developing into adult fleas for 3 months after application.
Ticks: A single dose is effective against new tick infestations for up to 2 months. If ticks are present at the time of application, not all ticks may be killed within 48 hours.
Transient cosmetic effects such as wet appearance or slight scaling may occur at the application site. According to the accumulated experience on these active ingredients within spot on pharmaceutical forms, transient cutaneous reactions at the application site (squamosis, local alopecia, pruritus, erythema, skin discolouration) and general pruritus or alopecia may be observed after use. In very rare instances, hypersalivation, reversible neurologic symptoms (hyperesthesia, depression, nervous symptoms), respiratory signs or vomiting might occur. The risk of experiencing adverse reactions may increase with overdosing, so animals should always be treated with correct pipette size according to bodyweight.
- Shampooing or immersion of the animal in water directly after treatment may reduce the duration of activity. The product remains effective against fleas for 5 weeks in small dogs and 4 weeks in Medium, Large and Extra Large Dogs when the dogs is shampooed at monthly intervals after treatment, If the dog requires shampooing, it is better to do so before treatment.
- Water immersion repeated on two occasions post treatment did not affect adulticidal efficacy against fleas nor the efficacy related to the prevention of the development of flea eggs into adult fleas.
- The influence of water immersion or shampooing of the dog on the efficacy of the product against ticks has not been validated.
- At the beginning of the control measures, in case of massive infestation, animal’s basket, bedding and regular resting areas such as carpets and soft furnishings should be treated, with a suitable insecticide and vacuumed regularly.
- To reduce environmental flea challenge, all animals living in the same household should also be treated with a suitable flea control product.
- The product does not prevent ticks from attaching to animals. Transmission of infectious disease by ticks cannot be completely excluded if conditions are unfavourable. Immediate efficacy has been demonstrated against lxodes ricinus, indicating that ticks of this species are likely to be killed within 48 hours of product application. If Dermacentor reticulatus or Rhipicephalus sanguineus ticks are present when the product is applied, these ticks may not be killed within 48 hours.
- Once dead, ticks will often drop off the animal. Any remaining ticks should be carefully removed, ensuring that their mouth parts are not left within the skin.
- Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons and animals.
- Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- For external use only. Do not administer orally.
- Animals should be weighed accurately prior to treatment.
- Effipro Duo Spot-on Solution for Dog should not be used in dogs younger than 10 weeks of age and/or in dogs weighing less than 2 kg, as safety has not been established in these groups.
- Care should be taken to avoid the content of the pipette coming into contact with eyes or mouth of the recipient dogs. In particular oral uptake due to the licking of the application site by treated or in-contact animals should be avoided.
- Do not apply Effipro Duo Spot-on Solution for Dogs on wounds or damaged skin. In the absence of additional safety studies, do not repeat the treatment at intervals of less than 4 weeks.
- The use of Effipro Duo Spot-on Solution for Dogs has not been studied in sick and debilitated dogs.
- Use in pregnancy and lactation only according to the benefit/risk assessment by the responsible veterinarian.
Special precautions to be taken by the person administering Effipro Duo Spot-On Solution for Dogs to animals:
- Effipro Duo Spot-on Solution for Dogs may cause neurotoxicity.
- Effipro Duo Spot-on Solution for Dogs may be harmful if swallowed.
- Avoid contact with the skin.
- Avoid ingestion including hand-to-mouth contact.
- Do not smoke, drink or eat during application.
- Wash hands after use.
- Treated animals should not be handled until the application site is dry, and children should not be allowed to play with treated animals until the application site is dry. It is therefore recommended that animals are not treated during the day, but should be treated during the early evening, and that recently treated animals should not be allowed to sleep with owners, especially children.
- Keep the pipettes in the original packaging until ready for use and dispose of used pipettes immediately.
- In case of accidental skin contact, flush with water
- In the event of accidental ingestion, seek medical advice immediately and show the package leaflet or the label to the doctor.
- Fipronil and pyriproxyfen may adversely affect aquatic organisms. Dogs should be prevented from accessing streams and rivers for 48-hours following treatment.
- Effipro Duo Spot-on Solution for Dogs may have adverse effects on painted, varnished or other household surfaces or furnishings. Allow the application site to dry before permitting contact with such materials.
- Do not use in rabbits, as adverse reactions with even mortality could occur.
- Do not use in case of hypersensitivity to the active substances.
Effipro Duo Spot-on Solution for Small Dogs is presented in 0,67 ml, Effipro Duo Spot-on Solution for Medium Dogs is presented in 1,34 ml, Effipro Duo Spot-on Solution for Large Dogs is presented in 2,68 ml, Effipro Duo Spot-on Solution for Extra Large Dogs is presented in 4,02 ml transparent multi-layer plastic single-dose pipettes. Pipettes are obtained by thermoforming a transparent bottom complex and closed by heat sealing with a lid complex. The bottom complex consists of polypropylene / cyclic olefin copolymer / polypropylene / polypropylene with a natural polyacrylonitrile-methacrylate foil or polyethylene-ethylene vinyl alcohol-polyethylene foil. The lid complex consists of polyethylene-terephtalate foil with an aluminium foil and a polyacrylonitrile-methacrylate foil or polyethylene-ethylene vinyl alcohol-polyethylene foil. Pipettes will be individually over-blistered and packed into cardboard cartons in quantities of 4 or 24 pipettes.
Effipro Duo 67 mg / 20 mg Spot-On Solution For Small Dogs - G4378 (Act 36/1947)
Effipro Duo 134 mg / 40 mg Spot-On Solution For Medium Dogs - G4379 (Act 36/1947)
Effipro Duo 268 mg / 80 mg Spot-On Solution For Large Dogs - G4380 (Act 36/1947)
Effipro Duo 402 mg / 120 mg Spot-On Solution For Extra Large Dog - G4381 (Act 36/1947)