Once again, the most practical, cost-effective, accurately dosed, and effective method of providing supplemental iron to piglets is via injectable administration. With the proper injection technique, a single 200-mg dose of supplemental iron at 1 to 4 days of age offers the following advantages:
- Accurate dosing.
- Optimal efficacy and weight gain.
- Cost-effective use of labour with dosing of piglets between 1 and 4 days of age.
- Minimised risk of subclinical or full-scale iron-deficiency anaemia.
- Supports optimum growth rates of piglets on an all-milk diet.
- Enhanced immunity and improved general health of piglets.